With The MLB season right around the corner here is a preview of five teams that I believe will be successful in the 2017 season.
- Cleveland Indians-Led by their phenomenal pitching staff the Indians look to get back to the world series once again. Look for the addition of Edwin Encarnacion to give this already good Indians lineup a big boost. The indians pitching staff looks to be better than last year with a healthy Danny Salazar and Carlos Carrasco.
- Chicago Cubs- The cubs begin their title defense and look poised to repeat as champions. Led by all star first baseman Anthony Rizzo and third baseman Kris Bryant this Cubs lineup looks more daunting than last years team. The Cubs pitching staff continues to be dominate with three horses at the front of the rotation Jake Arrieta, John Lester and Kyle Hendricks.
- Boston Red Sox- A masterful off season by the Red Sox looks to get them into the playoffs once again. Led by all star right fielder Mookie Betts and young stars like Andrew Benintendi the Sox looked poised to get back to the world series.
- Washington Nationals- Look for this Nats team to take a big step forward in 2017. The additions of Adam Eaton and getting Bryce Harper back to MVP form will be key for this team. The pitching staff once again looks strong with studs like Max Scherzer and Stephen Strasburg.
- Toronto Blue Jays- The jays fell one game away from going to the worl series last yer ultimately falling to the Cleveland Indians in five games last year. The key for this team will continue to be the starting rotation and keeping them healthy for the whole season and into the playoffs. Still a daunting offensive lineup the jays are capable of putting runs up in bunches and can strike at any time.