The Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) which emerged from the Wuhan city of China has been spread across all over the globe which has caused many countries to shut down and many countries have banned big gatherings so that the virus can’t be spread more. Most of the international borders have been closed.
As big gatherings are banned many sports called-off the series/matches that were scheduled due to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus as every sport catches a huge number of spectators in the stadiums and viruses can be spread in a large number in the stadiums.
Cricket matches were no exceptions and the concerned boards of the series scheduled took the decision in the public safety and cancelled their tour and called back their players. The cash-rich league Indian Premier League is also postponed to mid-April.
Here’s the list of Cricket Matches and Series cancelled or postponed:
- South Africa tour of India, 2020 (ODI’s)
- New Zealand tour of Australia, 2020 (ODI’s and T20I’s)
- England tour of Sri Lanka, 2020 (Test)
- Bangladesh tour of Pakistan, 2020 (ODI and Test)
- Indian Premier League is also postponed to mid-April, earlier it was scheduled to start from 29th March.
- Pakistan Super League 2020 (Matches Reduced and Semi-Finals will be played on 17-03-2020 and Final on 18-03-2020)
- Road Safety World Series T20 2020
- BCCI suspends all domestic matches
- Australian Women’s tour of South Africa, 2020 (ODI’s and T20I’s)